My question is, you refer to “Core and Drills” as part of a few workouts. Do you have specific exercises you like for core and drill? I would appreciate your ideas. Thank you.
There are tons of variations of these types of exercises. Let your captains get creative. This should be a team-building activity, where the captains lead the group in a set of 4-5 core exercises and 4-5 drills, lasting about 20-25 min.
• Push-ups (the best core exercise there is!)
• Plank holds
• Toe touches (lay on back with legs straight up; use core to reach up to touch toes)
• Oblique planks (lay on side and hoist yourself up on one forearm)
• Superman crunch (lay on stomach with arms extended overhead; raise arms & legs off the ground)
• Let the captains find others to try!
For Drills, here are a few ideas with links to demonstrate:
• Walking lunges (slowly with an emphasis on form and stretching); try backwards too!
• Karaoke/Carioca – Google “Karaoke drill” or “Carioca drill” to see examples
• “A” skip – like a regular skip except with an emphasis on high knees
• “B” skip – an extension of the “A” skip. Video
• Bounding – focus on pushing off (exaggerated “A” skip): Video
• Straight Leg drill: Video