Track & Field Training was inspired by the lack of in-depth training plans, information and advice available for high school coaches and athletes looking to apply best practices for optimal performance in track and field and cross country.
Who are we?
This site was created by Ann Gaffigan:
- Coached in high school by Ed Gaffigan
- 2-time Illinois High School Coach of the Year
- 3 individual State Track & Field Championships
- 1 individual Cross Country State Championship
- 2 team Cross Country State Championships
- Coached in college and professionally by Jay Dirksen
- 28 years as the head distance coach at the University of Nebraska
- 39 Track & Field All-Americans
- 14 Cross-Country All-Americans
- 45 Track and Field Conference Champions
- 3 NCAA Champions
- Nebraska Cross-Country/Track & Field Alum
- 2004 All-American, 3000m Steeplechase
- 2004 U.S. Olympic Trials Champion
- Former American Record Holder, 2000m & 3000m steeplechase
The training plans and knowledge offered here can be 100% attributed to these two men, whom I was so lucky to have as my coaches.